Veterinary acupuncture for dogs, cats and horses is very safe and effective for many ailments and is widely used in the field of animal rehabilitation. At Beach Animal Rehabilitation Center (BARC), acupuncture on our dog, cat and horse patients is performed only by veterinarians who are certified in veterinary acupuncture.
Acupuncture is the insertion of needles into specific points on the animal’s body to produce a healing response. Each acupuncture point has specific actions when stimulated. Acupuncture has been used for over three thousand years on humans and animals with great success to reduce chronic pain and inflammation and promote health and healing. The American Veterinary Association has recognized acupuncture as becoming a more mainstream part of veterinary medicine.
Benefits of veterinary acupuncture include:
- Improves tissue blood flow, oxygenation, and removal of metabolic wastes and toxins.
- Stimulates the release of the body’s own pain relieving and anti-inflammatory substances.
- Unlike medications, veterinary acupuncture has no potential adverse side effects.
- Your pet’s medications or supplements will not adversely interact with acupuncture.
- Relaxation of muscles where the needles are inserted and elsewhere creates a local and generalized pain-relieving effect.
Contact us at (310) 542-2727 to find out more about how acupuncture can benefit your horse, dog or cat at BARC.